Monday, September 28, 2009

Slow beginnings as a Global Executive

I started this blog to update anyone interested in my travels abroad with oilfield giant Schlumberger. I will serve this company as a Field Engineer, which is one rank below CEO (two if you count that whole "Vice President" thing). As a global executive, I will serve as much more than a man running oil rigs; I will serve as an ambassador of the U.S. -and more importantly the greater Tyler area.

I'll be living in Irkutsk, Russia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irkutsk if you would like to know about as much as I currently do regarding the town.

I'll actually be training in Tyumen, Russia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyumen . I haven't read much on this town, as I've been doing very important things with stuff for people who know what there is to know.

I will hopefully update this semi-frequently with pictures, stories, and information of this culture that remains a mystery to me at the moment. If anything, this blog will help me remember my journey in Siberia over the next few years.

-Russ

1 comment:

  1. sweet blogskie broman!
    i shall throw you a welcome to the eastern hemisphere blowout bash. you're more than welcome to attend, but if not, we shall party anyway

    ReplyDelete