Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back in Anchorage

Well, I finally got some time off. I flew into Anchorage Tuesday (Jan-12th) night.

Since then, I have been running around with other Field Engineers from SLB and enjoying the night life. Friday night, the guys and myself visited the Alaskan Beer and Barley Wine festival. We sampled amazing beers, mead, and barley wine (essentially beer that has more alcohol in it). Saturday and Sunday were spent in a cabin at Alaska's premier (I believe only) ski resort: the Alyeska Resort in Girdwood, AK.

Before this, I had only been skiing 3 times in my life. The mountains here are beautiful, but very steep. One cannot just take easy paths down, only blues and blacks. Skiing this area was essentially "baptism by fire". Aside from my legs burning and a few bumps and bruises, everything went well.

I should be heading back to the slope in the next few days, working on different rigs. I have a web album with pics from up here. Sorry this post was pretty dry, but I'm exhausted. I should write more in a few days when I'm back up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment