Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Busy times in Alaska

Hey readers,

September and October have been hectic, hence the lack of posts. I spent the week of the 15th - 19th (September) in Norman under the guise of a recruiter for big blue. The company's booth was flooded with potential recruits, and I appreciate the opportunity to go back to my alma mater. I did get to see a football game, the atrocious OU vs. Air Force game; another one of those close wins.

The North Slope is in the early phases of becoming inundated with snow. I feel fortunate to have seen the region change from snow to green fields (June) and then back to it's usual barren, snow-covered state (end of September).

I'm sad to have learned that the rig I have been assigned to will be stacked down (retired), and will be replaced by a newer/larger rig. The folks at 7 ES are a sharp, fun bunch of people and I've enjoyed their company and guidance. However, I did learn that I will get the opportunity to work offshore on the Steelhead platform in the Cook Inlet. This is an amazing opportunity to run some new tools, experience a new environment and work with a new group of people.

I will be returning to the slope tomorrow for a few days, and then will be back in Anchorage (currently in the 30's) for a week or so off until Oct. 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment