Saturday, February 27, 2010

Abu Dhabi

Well hey there readers, hope you're doing swell. I arrived in Abu Dhabi earlier today (7:40 a.m. their time, around 9:40 p.m. in Texas or 6:40 p.m. in Alaska), finishing my 36 or so hours of travel.

Everything went well, aside from one little thing in London. As I had mentioned to some, I was supposed to have a 10+ hour layover in London. I had hoped I could use this opportunity to see London (just some tourist areas) for the first time. Unfortunately, this plan relied on me being able to check my bags with Etihad (the airline of Abu Dhabi) very early. They didn't want to play ball on this, so my colleague and I ate fish and chips in the airport, drank a few pints, and slept on some benches. Not quite as exciting as Trafalgar square or the London Eye, but if that is the worst thing that happened travel wise then I will be alright. I will also say that Etihad is an extremely nice airline, and I really enjoyed my flight with them (nothing against Delta).

I've walked around the city a bit, ate at a restaurant -which by the look of the staff and fellow diners was not used to tourist types walking in-, and fully moved into my apartment.

I will update the photo blog soon with some more pictures from the slope and the few pictures I've taken in Abu Dhabi (from the cab and apartment, didn't carry around the camera while walking today).

I'll post more soon.

-Russell

1 comment:

  1. You go get your camera! I want to see! Honestly, it sounds like you're having a blast! Certainly getting a taste of the world. I'm jealous! Have fun and work hard...Auntie M

    ReplyDelete